We’re always looking for talented, innovative people.
Counsilman-Hunsaker (CH), in conjunction with Sports Facility Management (SFM), is the leading resource for those seeking a third party to plan, manage, and optimize indoor and outdoor sport and recreation centers. CH has been engaged to manage the day-to-day operations of the Aquatic Center in Greenwood, Indiana. The facility will include a lap pool complete with a diving area, a lazy river, waterslides, and a play area for kids, situated in Freedom Park, a thriving community sports complex.
CH & SFM are currently interviewing candidates for the position of General Manager (GM) for the Aquatic Center. The GM will report to the Vice President of SFM. This exciting position is a full time position with extraordinary future career opportunities. This position may create future opportunities to work with the CH/SFM team in an advisory capacity.
The General Manager works at a high level to perform professional duties in management and supervision of the operations of the outdoor family aquatic center through planning, coordinating, scheduling, and evaluating a variety of aquatic programs, resulting in consistent and high quality aquatic experiences for the Greenwood, IN community.
• Responsible for providing a safe and enjoyable aquatic environment with outstanding guest service.
• Marketing (including expert level e-marketing,) promotions, community relations, PR, advertising, and sales.
• Organizes, develops, schedules, and supervises day to day operations of the family aquatic center.
• Responsible for the recruitment, training, managing and supervising of up to 100 seasonal aquatic staff, including the aquatic supervisor, lifeguards, swim instructors, water exercise instructors and guest services staff.
• Establishes performance objectives for aquatic operations and programs
• Maintains records of events and operations, including facility records and chemical logs.
• Oversees and enforces the ongoing implementation of aquatics safety.
• Maintains high standards of cleanliness throughout the facility including locker rooms, pool, pool deck, facility grounds and all surrounding areas.
• Maintains certifications for all aquatics staff.
• Maintains the pool logbook to accurately document pool revenue, expenses and attendance.
• Ensure all aquatic policies and procedures are being followed to preserve the safety of each participant.
• Coordinates emergency first aid and rescue procedures.
• Proven management and leadership experience in the sports, recreational and entertainment industry is preferred.
• Skilled at senior executive professional business tasks, including, but not limited to high-level written communication, preparation and delivery of professional presentations, risk management with a focus on safety protocols.
• Prior experience in managing a facility to include preventive and remedial maintenance.
• Expert level experience with managing the accounting process including P&L budget, forecasting, financial analysis, and compliance.
• Current Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor certification.
• Current Lifeguard Instructor certification.
• Current CPR for the professional rescuer certification.
• National Swimming Pool Foundation Certified Pool Operator (CPO) Certification, or
• National Recreation and Parks Association Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) Certification
• Thorough knowledge of aquatic operations and programming.
• Standard program evaluation methods and report writing procedures.
• Techniques of effective supervision and training.
• Knowledge of Aquatics program activities such as swim and water safety classes, water sports and exercise programs as they pertain to the interests of faculty/staff, students, general public and others.
• Skill in responding effectively to program issues and guest interests.
• Ability to plan programs, special events and community service activities.
If interested in being a part of this successful aquatic project, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.