We’re always looking for talented, innovative people.
The City of Burkburnett is accepting applications for the Aquatic Center Manager for the upcoming season. The facility will include a zero-depth entry area with play features for children, lap lanes, diving area, family waterslide, lazy river, multiple shade structures, and a bathhouse with concession area. The aquatic center opens on Memorial Day weekend and closes August 24th during the week but will remain open on weekends until the day after Labor Day. The position is currently a seasonal part-time position, but may become full-time in the near future.Job Summary The Aquatic Center Manager works at a high level to perform professional duties in management and supervision of the operations of the outdoor family aquatic center through planning, coordinating, scheduling, and evaluating a variety of aquatic programs, resulting in consistent and high quality aquatic experiences for the Burkburnett, TX community. This position reports to the Park Superintendent and Public Works Director.
The Aquatic Center Manager has overall responsibility for safety at the aquatic center, as well as managerial, administrative, facility, aquatic, communications and leadership duties, including: Managerial/Administrative • Responsible for the recruitment, training, managing, scheduling and supervising of up to 50 seasonal aquatic staff, including lifeguards, swim instructors, water exercise instructors and guest services staff.
• Prepare timesheets and submit payroll reports
• Manage and oversee all scheduling of parties and rental of the facility
• Manage and oversee admissions, sales, registrations, attendance, and monies from season passes, passbooks and programming
• Maintain discipline and supervise all staff enforcing policies and rules Facility • Prepare aquatic center for opening and closing each season
• Maintains high standards of cleanliness throughout the facility including locker rooms, pool, pool deck, facility grounds and all surrounding areas.
• Oversee daily maintenance of the aquatic center including making recommendations for repairs and capital improvements, and communicating with the Park Superintendent and Director of Public Works regarding issues and concerns.
• Oversee ordering and maintain supplies for center
• Maintain a clean and healthy environment for the facility Aquatic/Safety • Oversees and enforces the ongoing implementation of aquatics safety.
• Conduct aquatic programming, such as swim lessons, health and safety classes, and water aerobics
• Maintain certifications of all aquatic staff
• Administer and evaluate First Aid, CPR, emergency and other safety procedures as required Communications • Maintain positive public relations and set positive example for staff
• Possess ability to communicate professionally through all mediums (email, telephone, in-person)
• Communicate regularly with Park Superintendent and Director of Public Works regarding all aquatic center operations Leadership • Enthusiasm for making the aquatic center a safe and fun place for the community
• Other duties as deemed necessary or as required Desired Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree in physical education, recreational administration, or equivalent years of experience
• Current Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor certification.
• Current Lifeguard Instructor certification.
• Current CPR for the professional rescuer certification
• Current Aquatic Facility Operator Certification or Certified Pool Operator in state of Texas
• Current certification in American Red Cross First Aid
• Thorough knowledge of aquatic operations and programming.
• Standard program evaluation methods and report writing procedures.
• Techniques of effective supervision and training.
• Knowledge of Aquatics program activities such as swim and water safety classes, water sports and exercise programs as they pertain to the interests of faculty/staff, students, general public and others.
• Skill in responding effectively to program issues and guest interests.
• Ability to plan programs, special events and community service activities.
• Minimum of two years’ experience as a manager of a public or private pool or equivalent setting, or experience as an assistant manager Competitive salary commensurate with experience References required Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.