Akron General Health & Wellness Center, located in Akron, Ohio, has provided outpatient services and wellness programs for the past ten years. To accommodate an increasing market, a new center in Stow, Ohio, blends the recreation features of a fitness club with rehabilitation services and diagnostics technology.
Designed by the team of Counsilman-Hunsaker and TC Architects, the holistic facility showcases the latest in multi-generational wellness features, including dry-side fitness and therapy areas, private spas, and relaxing fitness and therapy pools with swim-in-place forced currents and a stunning overhead water curtain.
The 47,000 sq. ft. Lifestyles Wellness Center showcases the latest in aquatic wellness design including:
- 3,500 sq. ft. 25-yard competition pool with six lap lanes, stair entry, and pool lift
- 2,000 sq. ft. leisure pool with stair entry, pool lift,
- underwater bench seating, volleyball net, spray feature and stunning overhead water curtain
- 210 sq. ft. whirlpool spa with hydrotherapy jets
- 1,000 sq. ft. warm water therapy pool featuring a swim-in-place forced current system, deep water, hydraulic lift, and perimeter railings
Design Award and Publications:
- 2009 – ‘Architectural Showcase’ – Athletic Business magazine
- 2008 – ‘Dream Designs’ – Aquatics International magazine
- 2008 – ‘Dream Designs’ Award – Aquatics International magazine