Bellaire Town Square Family Aquatic CenterBellaire, TX
Counsilman-Hunsaker, in association with Kimley-Horn & Associates, was hired by the City of Bellaire to replace the outdated pool with a centerpiece recreational facility to serve the needs of the entire community.
The city made a decision to link Bellaire Park and Loftin Parks together to form the newly designed Bellaire Town Square. The new $3 million outdoor aquatic complex encompasses a 25-yard fitness/competition pool, a diving pool, and a leisure pool.
The resulting family waterpark embodies the community’s needs and objectives by combining leisure areas and fitness/competitive swimming programming spaces, providing something for everyone to enjoy.
Waterpark amenities include:
- 4,694 sq. ft. 25-yard competition pool
- 1,250 sq. ft. diving pool
- 4,993 sq. ft. leisure pool
- Play features including spray toys and water buckets
- 2008 – ‘Best of Aquatics’ Award Aquatics International magazine