Bethesda Park Aquatic CenterGwinnett County, GA
The Bethesda Park expansion represents Gwinnett County’s ongoing development of parks under the guidance of the 2002 Countywide Master Plan. The southern expansion of Bethesda Park included several components to broaden recreational opportunities. The primary focus of the expansion was the development of a 31,000 sq. ft. recreation center.
The team of Hand Design and Counsilman-Hunsaker brought their design and aquatic expertise “to the drawing boards” and developed a cutting-edge aquatic facility to be utilized by the community for years to come.
The award-winning indoor aquatic complex of two bodies of water is divided by an attractive wall of glass to minimize noise. Features include:
- 6,863 sq. ft. Leisure Pool
- ADA-accessible zero-depth entry
- Current channel and vortex
- Child-friendly aquatic play features 2,552 sq. ft. Instructional Pool
- Four lap lanes •Hydrotherapy benches
Design Awards and Publications:
- 2009 – ‘Dream Designs’ Aquatics International magazine
- 2008 – ‘Excellence in Aquatics’ Award Gwinnett County Parks & Recreation National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA)