The Edmond YMCA Recreation & Aquatic Center is a 102,000 sq. ft. facility owned by the City of Edmond. The city partnered with the YMCA and the Edmond Public School system to develop a facility that offers a broad variety of aquatics programming, including fitness, wellness, rehabilitation, recreation, and high-end competition.
The competition pool promises to be one of the premier competitive swimming venues in the state with seating available for over 1,000 spectators. The 815,500-gallon pool is home for swimmers from the three Edmond high schools.
Separating the competitive pool from the recreational pools are retractable glass doors, making for a spectacular view. Aquatic amenities include:
13,000 sq. ft. Competition Pool
- Eight 50-meter lap lanes
- Two moveable bulkheads
- Two 1-meter diving stands
- Integrated timing/scoring systems
- Depths ranging from 7 ft. to 13 ft. 6 in.
4,700 sq. ft. Leisure Pool
- Four 25-yard lap lanes
- Grand stair entry
- Zero depth entry
- Current channel
- Underwater hydrotherapy seating
- Children’s play structure
- Water bubblers & various spray features
- Enclosed flume waterslide that exits and re-enters the natatorium
Design Awards and Publications:
2015 – ‘Aquatic Portfolio’ Athletic Business magazine
2015 – ‘Architectural Showcase’ Athletic Business magazine