The team of FFKR Architects and Counsilman-Hunsaker brought their designing and aquatic expertise “to the drawing boards” and developed a cutting-edge aquatic facility to be utilized by the Salt Lake City community for years to come.
The 36,500 sq. ft. aquatic center includes both leisure and competitive amenities. The award winning innovative design made optimum use of the available space with an array of features that include:
- 4, 000 sq. ft. Leisure Pool
- Current channel
- Water spray features
- 4,507 sq. ft. Competition Pool
- 25-yards with eight lap lanes
- Deck-level gutters and raised parapets to aid in visibility for swim competitions
- The lap pool is also designed for water polo play and equipped with a lift and stairs for accessibility to all patrons.
2003 – ‘Facilities of Merit’ Award
Athletic Business magazine
2003 – ‘Innovative Architecture & Design’ Award
Recreation Management magazine