Fairview Park – Gemini Recreation and Community CenterFairview Park, OH
Counsilman-Hunsaker, in association with Jeffrey A. Grusenmeyer & Associates, was retained by the City of Fairview Park to design the new $22 million Gemini Recreation and Community Center, which is affiliated with the Fairview Park City School District.
The new 87,600 sq. ft. recreation center is built adjacent to the high school. The facility features community/banquet rooms, concessions, lounge, gymnasium, aerobics rooms, natatorium (competitive and leisure pools), locker rooms, rehabilitation rooms, game room, track, and fitness area.
This facility showcases two indoor bodies of water and one outdoor sprayground area with the latest in multigenerational design including:
- 6,000 sq. ft. Leisure Pool
- Three 25-yard lap lanes, flume waterslides, zero depth pool entry, lazy river, vortex, multi-level interactive play feature, and six person spa
- 3,500 sq. ft. Competition Pool
- Six 25-yard lap lanes with two 1-meter diving boards and seating for approximately 270 spectators
- 3,000 sq. ft. Outdoor Sprayground
- Water features include bubblers, tipping buckets, misters, water jets, dry playground area, concession stand, pavilion seating and large shade umbrellas