Fort Lupton Recreation CenterFort Lupton, CO
Counsilman-Hunsaker, in association with Sink Combs Dethlefs, was commissioned to design an indoor leisure facility as part of the Fort Lupton Recreation Center.
The leisure pool’s award-winning, innovative design made optimum use of the available space with an array of features.
- 4,037 sq. ft. Indoor Leisure Pool
- Current channel
- 139 ft. waterslide, configured into stacked figure eights
- ADA accessible zero-depth entry
- Frog slide
- Variety of water spray features
- Two fitness lap lanes
- Area for open swim
- 131 sq. ft. warm-water spa
- In this one facility, the City of Fort Lupton is able to meet the aquatic needs of people of all ages, swimming ability, and interests.
Design Awards and Publications:
- 2005 – ‘Innovative Architecture & Design’ Award – Recreation Management magazine
- 2005 – ‘Architectural Showcase.’ – Athletic Business magazine