New Saline High SchoolSaline, MI
New Saline High School commissioned Counsilman-Hunsaker in association with TMP Associates to design a world-class natatorium for their students and community.
The new two-story athletic wing includes:
- 7,000 sq. ft. Competition Pool
- 25-yard by 25-meter stretch pool
- Eight lane competition pool with flexibility for up to ten practice lanes
- Diving well with two 1-meter boards
- Moveable bulkhead
- Bleacher seating for 500 spectators
The moveable bulkhead allows swimming and diving simultaneously and provides pool flexibility for physical education classes, athletics, and community use.
The shallow end of the pool can adjust the water’s depth from zero to seven feet to accommodate a wide variety of activities: swim meets, lessons, water aerobics, family and toddler swim, scuba, kayaking, and swim activities for persons with disabilities.