*Photo courtesy of Clifton Eoff Photography
In 2011, residents voted in favor of a $26 million bond referendum for a new aquatic facility and sports park for the City of Rogers, Arkansas. That dream became a reality in 2013 with the opening of the Rogers Aquatic Center.
The aquatic facility features over 18,000 sq. ft. of water surface in five bodies of water and showcases exciting amenities for all ages. Upon entering the facility, patrons are drawn past the lazy river to the towering waterslide complexes – one featuring a bowl slide and two speed slides and the other providing two twisting body flumes. The lazy river offers a variety of active and passive spaces including water lounge areas and an elevated plunge pool with an overflowing edge.
The six lane competition pool provides for everything from fitness and recreational programming to competitive swim meets and diving. For small children and families, a spray pad and two family pools were designed to keep the young ones entertained for hours on end.
- 3,500 sq. ft. Competition Pool with six 25-yard lap lanes, stair entry, and two 1-meter diving boards
- 7,500 sq. ft., 10 ft. wide Lazy River with three stair entries, underwater bench, vortex, underwater shelf, spray features and an elevated slide plunge pool with an overflow edge spilling across the adjacent water lounge area
- Two separate 35 ft. tall body flume slide towers, two high-speed runout slides and a bowl slide
- 5,000 sq. ft. Leisure Pool with zero depth entry, two stair entries, interactive play structure, lily pad walk, water volleyball and basketball, spray features, underwater bench and underwater shelf
- 1,600 sq. ft. Plunge Pool with two stair entries, exit for bowl slide and rock climbing wall
- 800 sq. ft. Tot Pool with play structure, zero entry, kiddie slide, cascade and spray features
- 1,200 sq. ft. Sprayground with multiple in-ground and above ground spray features