The Wet ZoneRowlett, TX
The City of Rowlett commissioned the team of Counsilman-Hunsaker and Brinkley Sargent Architects to design a new community pool, which debuts the latest cutting-edge attractions and is a social magnet for the community.
In this one facility, the City of Rowlett is able to meet the aquatic needs of people of all ages, swimming abilities, and interests. Amenities include:
- 8,900 sq. ft. Leisure Pool
- Children’s play area with interactive aquatic features designed for the 10-and-under set
- ADA-accessible zero-beach entry
- Current channel
- Two waterslides
- Fountains, water jets, and other water features
- Separate 2,253 sq. ft. 25-yard pool with five lap lanes
- A mega-hit with the 12-and-over age group is the bowl slide. This attraction offers exploratory riders a chance to shoot down a 95-foot slide into a splash bowl, where they swirl around the funnel, then exit by a vertical drop of 37 ft. into a catch pool complete with exit stairs.
2007 – ‘Best of Aquatics’ Award
Aquatics International magazine