Scott County Parks & Recreation Athletics BuildingGeorgetown, KY
The team of PB Booker Associates and Counsilman-Hunsaker created a plan to seamlessly blend two bodies of water at the new Scott County Parks and Recreation Athletics Building, making the space as functional as possible. The end result is a diverse design that encompasses a variety of community interests.
The aquatic complex embodies the community’s needs and objectives by combining leisure areas and fitness/competitive swimming program spaces.
The aquatic center has something for everyone to enjoy including:
- 4,357 sq. ft. Competition Pool
- 25-yard pool with eight lap lanes
- 1-meter springboard diving
- Bleacher-style seating for up to 152 spectators
- The pool is suitable for high school and local competition swim meets and the adjacent leisure pool with recreational amenities for children includes:
- 1,969 sq. ft. Leisure Pool
- Aquatic rainbow arches
- Tumble buckets