The team of Counsilman-Hunsaker and Brinkley Sargent Architects was retained by the City of Irving to create the new West Irving Aquatic Center located in Dallas County. This facility offers more than 10,000 sq. ft. of water attractions.
Features include both recreational and fitness amenities. One unique feature of this facility is the elevation of the lap pool above the leisure pool which spills over as a waterfall along one entire edge and across a relaxing wet deck below. A rock climbing wall also installed extends 8 ft. above the water offering an exciting climb to the top.
Acting as a visual focus for the building, the new aquatic venue creates a functional, attractive facility with numerous amenities including:
3,300 sq. ft. Lap Pool
- 25-yard four-lane lap pool with an 8 ft. rock climbing wall, waterfall, and wet deck
- For the physically challenged, a wheelchair accessible entrance ramp, hydraulic lift, and water wheelchairs are available for easy access
4,000 sq. ft. Recreation Pool
- Zero-depth entry splash pool with a water playground
- Current channel with island wet deck
- 850 sq. ft. shaded toddler pool with zero-depth entry, small interactive feature and tot slide
- Open-flumed waterside
- Closed-flumed waterslide
- Large architecturally unique bathhouse with restrooms, lockers, and showers
- Concessions area and first aid room
By debuting cutting edge attractions and entertainment amenities, the City of Irving is able to stay at the forefront of the industry, giving guests a reason to visit time and time again. This facility is a mega-hit with children and families of Irving.